A life insurance policy is a contract with a life insurance company. If you have a life insurance policy and in case you die too early, then your life insurance provides your family with a specific amount of money each month, replacing yours until and unless the receivers don’t deny taking it. It also facilitates any emergency fund your family requires in case of a medical check-up or for funeral costs etc. There are a few essential steps for a life insurance policy that you need to fulfill.
Essential Steps for a Life Insurance Policy
Some ample people want to apply for a life insurance policy. Still, the difficult process confuses them, causing them not to put on their hands on such a complicated procedure but not to worry anymore because the steps below will make things easier for you.
Step 1: Fill out an Application
The life insurance company chosen by you will provide an application form which usually takes around 15 to 20 minutes to complete. All the life insurance companies ask the following things from you on the application form:
- Personal Details- First, your details will be asked from your name, address, height, weight, date of birth, occupation, and phone number.
- Health and Family History-Secondly questions regarding you and your family history will be asked.
- Lifestyle Habits-Information about your hobbies will be asked.
- Annual Income-Your annual income will be asked.
- Insurance History-Questions will be asked about any other insurance that you currently have.
Remember not to hide anything regarding this information because the company can cancel your paid premium. And once you are done with filling out the application form, you are off to undergo a medical exam.
Step 2: The Medical Exam
Going through a medical exam for applying for a life insurance policy is the second step. It takes a few minutes of your time. The medical exam may include the following points:
- Check your blood pressure.
- Take a blood sample.
- Take a urine sample.
- Check your height/weight.
- Review your and your family’s medical history.
- Analysis of your habits (smoking, drinking, exercise, diet) is done.
- Few additional tests are performed.
Step 3: Pay for your Desired Policy
To get your desired life insurance policy, you need to select a death benefit equal to your potential lost income. It would help if you bought that insurance policy which you afford, meaning that you should be able to pay on-time duration of the policy. And in case you select a policy for which you can’t pay, then your policy will be canceled.
Things that make it difficult for you to get a Life Insurance Policy
- For example, your pre-existing health conditions, if you are a cancer survivor or have experienced other health problems in the past, then you need to pay a heavier amount of money to get a life insurance policy.
- High-risk occupation, for example, if you are working in military service and your life is always in danger.
- If you are involved in bad habits, such as sky diving or drinking.
- Most importantly, if you have even lied in one point of the application form, your life insurance policy will be canceled.
These are the three essential steps that need to be fulfilled first. We think this post will help you to get a life insurance policy. You can also get information from Wikipedia.
You may also like: