Most of the people do not know about the main theme of UMR Insurance Vs United Healthcare. Actually, there have no so much differences between these companies. Let’s check the article…
United Medical Resources or UMR is a third-party administrator (TPA) solution of United Healthcare. It is the largest TPA in the United States. UMR focus on customer solution that meets their goals and needs. It plays a pioneering role in revolutionizing self-funding. It offers self-funded medical, dental, vision, and disability plans and helps customers interpret changes in the insurance market. UMR provides solutions to over 5 million members with their custom plan designs and innovative services.
UMR offers the following benefits –
- Integrated care management
- Pharmacy benefits administration
- Claim recovery management
- Reinsurance products and services
- Claim repricing and provider data management software and services
- Non-network claims cost containment.
UMR uses United Healthcare’s Preferred Provider Organisation (PPO) network to support its members. This means a member having the PPO plan can visit any doctor without any referral, even outside the network. But UMR will only cover a partial cost if you see a doctor outside their network.
UMR Preventive is a health plan offered to employees by their employers. This plan pays for the following preventive health care services:
- 1 Physical checkup year
- 1 OB/GYN checkup per year
- 1 Screening test for breast cancer per year
- Birth control pills or other forms of birth control
- Vaccines for measles or other childhood diseases
- 1 Colonoscopy every five years
- Other ACA preventive tests
UMR will pay for these services for you and your family members if you buy the plan for them as well.
Does UMR cover eye exams?
Most UMR vision plans cover most or partial costs of the eye exams. Moreover, UMR vision plans also pay for your optical lenses, eyeglass frames, and contact lenses.
What breast pump does UMR cover?
You can get breast pump equipment from United Healthcare/UMR with no co-payment, co-insurance, or deductible. UMR will provide you with a double-electric pump at no cost. A personal, double-electric pump is portable, easy-to-use, and you can pump both breasts at once.
You may also like: