MyChart Memorial Health: Your own personal place for tracking lab records, prescriptions, and contacting your physician; secure and user-friendly.
The latest endeavor of medical technologies is right here. Easy to use, free to access, and the provider of complete family protection. Keeping up with medical records has never been easier.
- What is MyChart?
- How can I use MyChart?
- Is my information on MyChart secure?
- Who is eligible for using MyChart?
- Who else can see my MyChart account information?
- What are the benefits of using MyChart?
What is MyChart?
Manufactured by the company, Epic, MyChart is a free and user-friendly website that can be used crossed devices like iPhone, iPad, tablet, pc, etc. Finally, MyChart has also released a free app for its users in the Google Play and Apple stores.
MyChart gives its patients easy access to things like medical records, lab results, and private conversations with your doctors to keep absolute track of your health. Keeping up with hospitals’ forms can be a bit overwhelming for patients. Luckily, transferring all your medical records when you change hospitals or simply within your hospital has never been easier. MyChart also allows patients to renew their prescriptions and confirm their doctors’ appointments online; all these benefits have become accessible to the tip of their fingers.
How can I use MyChart?
To use MyChart, one must log in to its website at MyChart and create a free account. One has to use the code given to them when they were discharged from the hospital as the activation code and insert other necessary information.
All of MyChart’s data is secured for every user, and privacy is strictly maintained as many patients have entrusted their personal information to this site. The site can also be used without an activation code, but some manual changes must be done in case of than activation code’s absence.
It is to be noted that the provider or activation code is only valid for 14 days. Furthermore, for creating an account in MyChart, one can also reach the toll-free helpline 801-213-5555 and open an account by verifying one’s identity.
Is my information on MyChart secure?
Yes, MyChart is safe and secure for its users. MyChart takes all necessary measures to secure end-to-end encryption. Patients and doctors can securely contact all their chat details on the MyChart website, unlike the conventional e-mail system. The conversations and information are strictly private using two-step verification, username, and passwords.
Who is eligible for using MyChart?
Adults mostly use MyChart, but it can also be used for children and teenagers. To access a MyChart account for a minor, one must fill-up the proxy form dedicated for this, and an adult can act as the guardian for the minor’s account.
MyChart has proven to be an effective method for transferring and recording medical transcripts for especially children and has highly been regarded and referred to use by the Childrens’ Healthcare of Atlanta.
First of all, a patient must be years or above to use a MyChart account. Still, parents can also request a proxy account to serve as a legal guardian for their children’s account by emailing for proxy prerequisite or calling on the helpline 855-862-7763 for it.
Who else can see my MyChart account information?
No one else can access a patient’s MyChart account information without authentication or permission. However, your medical service provider can access your medical records through the hospital’s official access.
If your wish to share your MyChart data with your family member or loved ones, you may use the MyChart feature of MyChart Proxy Access or Share My Record on the My Record submenu.
What are the benefits of using MyChart?
- First and foremost, the benefit of it is that MyChart is completely free of cost service. It can be used on any platform such as smartphones, tablets, pc, and computers. Moreover, MyChart has launched a free app on Google Play Store and Apple Store.
- MyChart has proven to be the most secure platform for recording, sharing, and accessing your and your family’s medical data.
- MyChart offers a complete and secure way to contact, chat and share information with your doctor and physician. It also allows you to share photos, medical scripts, and lab reports with your doctor directly without any third-party interference.
- MyChart also has a helpful feature for transferring your medical records from one hospital to another. If a patient uses Apple Health or other health or medical apps ad services, their records from those platforms can also be transferred to MyChart directly.
- MyChart also offers patients swift access to their doctor’s prescription, medical bills, lab results, etc. One can renew their prescription using MyChart and as well as scheduling doctor’s appointments.
- MyChart is valid across all UMass Memorial Hospitals, so it is the most convenient for patients.
- MyChart is user-friendly, and its Proxy Access feature helps provide complete family protection.
- Also, MyChart helps with paying medical fees and hospital bills securely. MyChart has features and options to include any health insurance the patient may have.
MyChart Special Feature: Proxy Account-
The feature that sets MyChart apart from many other health records service providers is its top-notch security measures and its special features, such as the Proxy Account, which has proven effective for families the most. Maintaining the health records of children and the elderly in the family has become easier nowadays. All thanks to MyChart.
How to sign up for the Proxy Account?
The Proxy Account services allow a parent or a legal guardian to look over a patient’s records. One must open a MyChart account for themself before becoming a proxy for another patient’s account.
To request access to the medical data in a patient’s account, one must complete the Authorization to Access a MyChart Record available at MyChart Memorial and then return to the patient’s service provider.
This website has two forms; one grants adult to adult account access and grants child to parent/guardian information access. If the account holder is not a patient at Memorial Hospital, then one must call at 855-UMASS-MD (855-862-7763) and get registered first for accessing as a proxy.
How much access to MyChart information does a Proxy has?
The extent of information a proxy may get access to depends entirely on the account holder, and it may vary from person to person in different situations. One can have a proxy regarding two situations- (1) An adult becoming a proxy for another grown-up patient’s account, or (2) An adult acting as a parent/legal guardian/foster for a child/minor’s account.
Again, the access to information solely depends on the account holder, be it a child or a grown-up. To go through the legal procedures to become a proxy for someone’s account, one may get help from their service providers or medical authorities.
- Please visit MyChart Memorial’s Frequently Asked Questions for further questions and inquiries.
MyChart and COVID-19 Pandemic:
In these challenging times, MyChart has proven to affect the COVID-19 patients in a very effective way. With patients unable to leave their homes and get in touch with their doctors and have health checkups, MyChart has served as a blessing getting everything within the patients’ reach. Such as-
- Getting information about the Do’s and Don’ts during the pandemic and the hygiene measures.
- Getting information about the possible symptoms and signs of being affected with COVID-19 and learning about the prevention methods.
- Receiving information about the procedures during quarantine and self-isolation.
- Get necessary information about being tested for COVID-19 near you and receive SMS results.
- Getting information about vaccination and being registered for it.
- Above all, staying safe and contributing to stopping spreading the virus, etc.
Lastly, it can be said that MyChart has contributed a lot to help people secure their health in numerous ways, and it is still on its way to making healthcare easy and accessible to all.
You May Also Like: